Saturday, March 27, 2010

Chalazion Surgery!


On March 16, 2010 I went to the eye doctor for a chalazion I had on my bottom eyelid. For those who don't know a chalazion is a lump of the lid that is caused by obstruction of an oil gland within the upper or lower eyelid. So I went to the eye doctor weeks before for this same chalazion and it had went away not completely but where you couldn't see it anymore. I have oily skin so I cant put any oil in my hair what so ever and I knew this but I didn't care at the time because I have a little dandruff and I put a whole a lot of oil in my hair and called it a day. A few days passed and I was fine until one day I woke up with my eye so puffy I could barely see. At first I thought I would wait it out and put warm compressions on it and the drops I had from the last time it went down and see what happens. Since my skin is so oily it just clog my pores in my eye more and it started putting pressure on my eye. So I called my eye doctor and schedule an appointment and the next day I was in. So I went to the appointment and my doctor seen my eye and said it has to be removed. The surgery was a breeze I had the same surgery in 2007 on the same eye top lid and it  was a breeze also. Until the aftermath of this surgery. Call it a catch 22. I didn't feel anything but when I looked at my eye it had begin to swell. Then two hours later it was really swollen. When I really got the chance to examine my eye I seen it was filled with fluid on one side on my eye. I ended up finding that because my eye was swollen it caused Chemosis which is Swelling around the iris (the colored circle that surrounds the pupil) due to edema (swelling) of the bulbar conjunctiva (the clear membrane that coats the outer surface of the eye). I was freaking out when I seen this I cried and everything. I thought it wasn't going to go away but by the grace of god a week and 2 days later it has half way went away which I'm happy about my eye getting back to normal but I advice people who have this problem with chalazion's to keep your lids clean with water and scrubbing the lid or cleaning with a little bit of baby shampoo and water. Keep those lids clean if you want pretty eyes.





Destiny
Blogging for Money, My Life, and Everything Else


No comments:

Post a Comment